Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Pine Brothers is made in America and was established in 1870.  They produce soothing throat drops.  Their flavors currently include Natural Honey, Wild Cherry, and Licorce.  Sometime with the next two years they plan to release Lemon-Citrus, which I'm looking forward to. Not only do they come in bags, but they also have neat little travel packs with a screw-on lid that are perfect for carrying in a purse or backpack.  All of the current flavors have 0 fat, 5 mg of sodium and 1 g of sugar.  This means that if you're diabetic or have high blood pressure, you don't have to worry about your throat drops interfering with your diet.

Softish is sort of a vague term.  Softish, of course, means sort of soft, but what exactly does that mean?  Imagine a partially dehydrated gummy bear.  It's chewy, but a bit more dense.  You can suck on it without having that 'hard candy clink' going on with your teeth.  If you attempt to chew them, they will stick to your teeth and/or dentures, but do not fear because it will simply melt away.

As a throat drop, these are great.  As the throat drop melts, it sends a soothing coating down your throat.  When you have that ticklish feeling or slight soreness,this will feel like a wonderful healing balm.  They'll help take away that annoying and stubborn sore throat feeling.

As for flavors, I've only tried two.  I'm not a fan of licorice, so that's scratched off my list.  The Honey Lemon has a mild flavor and is light and pleasant.  I wasn't a huge fan of the smell of those, but they were pleasant enough tasting.  The Wild Cherry has a wonderful cherry smell.  It reminds me of the smell of wild cherry cigars.  It doesn't have an overpowering cherry taste.  It's mild but definitely  more reminiscent of actual cherries than cherry flavoring.  The nice thing about the mild flavors is that they won't cause bad breath and you can still drink your coffee or tea without having the flavor of your beverage disturbed.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.