Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Life of Death: The Golden Bulls by Weston Kincade


Carrie Anne-
Detective Drummond traces his steps in the years since his childhood, but a mysterious serial killer who evaded the police for over fifteen years is still on the loose, annually performing ritual sacrifices and burning the victims.  Alex's skills at reliving the brutal murders are put to the test when  so little is left of the victims.  (From Amazon)
    In the first book in this series, Alex Drummond was still reeling from the loss of his father when he realized when he touched objects owned by people that died, he could relive their death.  In this book, he's come to terms with his ability and knows he'll have to use it to solve a series of unsolved murders before another one can happen.
    Along the way, he discovers all the victims have ankh tattoos.  This leads him to research Egyptian folklore and history, and produces terrific flashback scenes. 
   
    I loved the first book in the series and looked forward to reading this one, too.  Unfortunately, I found the story was hard to follow, and I was confused where some "facts" in the case came from.  Having said that, I would gladly read another volume if it becomes available.  The characters and premise are that compelling to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.