Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Ten Spices for Health and Longevity by Valerie Lull


I'm a huge believer in that you are what you eat.  Whatever you put into your body will give you different results.  Changing small things in your diet can yield amazing health results. I've been studying homeopathy for years.  

A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to review Ten Healthy Teas by Lull.  I loved it and I actually keep it in a handy drawer in my kitchen..  So, when her next book came up, I knew it was one that I'd want to not only read, but keep.  She was kind enough to send me a copy in exchange for a review.

In this book, Lull focuses on ten main spices: cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, turmeric and cloves.  These are every day spices that most of you already have in your kitchen.  For each spice, she gives us plenty of information.  We find out the history, use in other cultures, popular uses, common ailments that may be aided, as well as side effects.  Then she goes a step further and provides us with some recipes as well as other handy uses for the spice besides consumption.  Lastly, she'll provide drug interaction precautions.

Everything that I found in this book goes right along with all of my research and knowledge.  It's put together in a handy fashion so that you can quickly find what you want.  I do wish there had been a handy chart inserted, but that's just me and my personal preferences.  There's some really fascinating information in here.  It's well- written and interesting to read.  You aren't going to get a bunch of dry facts.  

If you're interested in learning how to change your health by changing your diet, this is a great book to start with.  Actually, I highly suggest Ten Healthy Teas if you're a tea drinker as well.  There's a lot of information contained in these books.  Even if you aren't interested in a diet change, those interested in other cultures or food study will find this a great read.  It's quick, but you'll pick up quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.