Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Bulwark by Brit Lunden



The town of Bulwark is being plagued by something paranormal and it's up to Sheriff Finnes to figure it out before everyone dies. 

At first glance, this is a middle reader book.  It's page count is at 104 and most of the wording is set for 'newer' readers.  However, adult themes such as sex and violence are prevalent.  This book is perfect for an adult who has difficulty reading or is newer to the world of reading.  In my world, everyone is a voracious reader.  That isn't true for everyone.  This book definitely satisfies the need for paranormal-thriller fiction that isn't too intimidating.  And let's be honest, sometimes you really want a quick, adventurous read.

Lunden is also published under Carole P. Roman and I found her adult writing to be every bit as satisfying as her childrens and nonfiction books.  It's fast-paced, full of action and adventure.  The characters are easy to figure out and identify with.  The book isn't cluttered, so it's a quick and smooth read. 

Fans of paranormal and folklore will get a kick out of this book.  Admittedly, I read the entire thing in 30 minutes, but it was 30 minutes where I didn't want to be interrupted and pulled out of my world.  Despite the length, I felt content upon finishing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.