Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Possum Living by Dolly Freed

When I heard my friend, Steve, was reading this book, I had to borrow it.  With the economy being what it is, everyone's always looking for new ways to save money.  Not only that, who can resist a book titled 'Possum Living' ??? 

Dolly and her father live in a house together and survive on an average of $1200 per year.  They believe that it's easier to learn to do without than to get a job and buy the things that most people find are necessities.  They both do odd jobs such as mowing lawns and crafting to make the few dollars that they do need to survive. 

The way that they live is a bit unorthodox, and probably not for most people, but I think nearly anyone reading this will take away some useful ideas.  There are tips for cutting expenses, gardening, mushroom hunting, fishing, all sorts of things.  You'll also find a good bit of humor infused in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.