Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Dating Dance by Grace

A divorced mother of two grown up children, Grace decided she was ready to re-enter the dating scene-a daunting and intimidating prospect.  After reading several magazines and books on dating in the 21st century, Grace decided against taking the advice that the media pushes on baby-boomer-aged women and instead decided to take dance lessons to get her out of the house and meeting new people.  Little did she know that learning new dance steps would help her navigate her new life in a world of singles just like her.  (taken from the back of the book)

Sometimes I forget that people aren't like me and every now and again I need a good reminder.  This book definitely provided it. 

The story was billed to me in a manner that led me to believe it was a helpful book about coping with the dating life of a 50-something woman.  I intended to find an interesting story and hopefully some insight and maybe a little good advice along the way.  I had hoped to learn something.  What I learned is that I'm nothing like the people in this book.

The author tells the story with a great sense of humor.  If you can look at the entire story in a satirical light, you may actually enjoy it.  The target audience of this book is incredibly small, however.  This book is intended for air-headed, selfish, shallow people and those with little integrity.

If you're looking for a helpful book, this is not what you want.  If you're looking for a funny read where you can sit back and make fun of people, you could have a blast with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.