Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

After the Last PR by Dave Griffin

PR stands for Personal Record.  You may have already known that, but I sure didn't!

After the last PR is a book about the virtues of running.  It's about the disciplines a runner develops and how those disciplines positively impact the runner's life. Taken from the back of the book

Basically this book is a short synopsis of Dave's life as a runner, from the very beginning to where he's at now.  He's learned several life lessons from running and has passed those lessons on to his children.  Dave takes an inspiration look at not only his own running career, but also at how running has changed the lives of others he's known. 

The book is beautifully written.  As a non-runner, I think I got something different out of it than a runner or prospective runner would.  For me, it was more about watching a man find himself.  I'm sure a runner would be more easily able to identify with everything that Dave's written.  If you've been thinking about running as a hobby or lifestyle, I can't think of a better book to motivate you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.