Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Schloss Valkuriz by Felicia N. Cheung

A chance encounter with the handsome Lord Kessler leads iara to the magnificent castle of Schloss Valkuriz where she finds a new and exciting romance.  Haunted by recurring dreams of past sorrows in which she relives the episode of her last encounter with her lover, Iara learns the truth behind a dark secret buried in the past.  A secret protected by the immortal beauty of a sacred rose whose very essence is preserved by the faithfulness of a promise now forgotten.  A promise which, if broken, would lead to horrifying consequences.... - Taken from the back of the book


I was really looking forward to reading this book.  Sounds enticing, doesn't it?  The front cover is awesomely done with the beautiful rose and lots of pretty blood.  I can't say it was a 'bad' story.  It wasn't even terrible, and I think I would have preferred if it were.  At least with a terrible story I can find lots to say about it, even if it is all negative.  This book just left me......well.....it left me.   I enjoyed reading the book.  It was subdued with a nice mysterious background.  The characters were included in the story.  There was a plot.  It had a beginning, middle and end.  Basically, I really hate saying it, but for me this book was mashed potatoes.  They're decent to look at and they taste alright and they fill you up, but they're certainly no bacon mushroom burger.  Though it was a decent read, it's forgettable....perhaps even bland.  If you have nothing else to read, I definitely say go for it!  I can't find one single thing wrong with this book that would keep me from suggesting it.  Just, on the flip side, I can't find one single reason to suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.