Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ten Healthy Teas by Valerie B. Lull

On top of being a time-honored beverage of choice for many, many teas have health benefits as well.  Being an avid tea drinker, I was really excited to get a peek at this book!

You'll find recipes for tea bags, loose tea, and nice tea mixtures.  Each tea has a few recipes after it.  Preceding that, you'll find information on the type of tea as well as it's medicinal and health uses and it's history.  Even if you aren't a tea drinker, it's a pretty fascinating book.

The ten main teas are:  ginger, garlic, green/black, chamomile, cranberry, peppermint, raspberry, goldenseal, Echinacea and lemon.

My copy is going in my kitchen with the cookbooks, but I've given some serious thought to making up gift baskets with this book and one of each type of tea.

On an extremely personal note:  I've suffered with severe arthritis for years.  Using ginger tea, I was able to alleviate pain enough that I could actually sleep!  I'm not suggesting this for any of you.  Follow doctor's orders.  For me, though, it feels good to have another pain management option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.