Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick

Amanda has sent out notices to let readers know that Burning Lamp, the second book in the Dreamlight Trilogy, has been released to stores.  (The following taken from Amanda's notice)

Meet Griffin Winters, a London crime lord who has enough trouble staying alive and controlling his territories without having to deal with the family curse.  His only hope is a social reformer named Adelaide Pyne.  She does not think much of crime lords.

Here's a little taste of the story:

"Do you actually believe that the Joneses have decided to let you run an experiment on yourself?" Adelaide asked.

"Why not?"  Griffin said.  "If the lamp turns me into a human monster they still have the option of destroying me.  But if it works, if I become a stable multi-talent, they can destroy me, seize the lamp and use it on themselves."

"Oh, for pity's sake," Adelaide said.  "You really should have gone on the stage, sir.  Your suspicious nature is nothing if not high drama.  For the sake of argument, let us assume you are right.  Where does that reasoning leave us?"

"For the moment, I'm afraid it leaves you something of a prisoner in this house."

"I was afraid you were going to say that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.