Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Garnier Fructis Blow Dry Perfector

Recently, I moved to a much more humid climate than I'm used to so I was really excited when Bzz offered me a chance to try out Garnier's new Blow Dry Perfector.  As a Bzz Agent, they send me the product to try out and then tell others about.  I have naturally wavy/curly hair that I straighten nearly every day.  Since the move, instead of wavy/curly hair, I have a huge frizzball that I can't do anything with.  I turned to Garnier in the hopes of taming the massive mess that was my hair.

In the Blow Dry Perfector system you get two different products.  The first is a 20 minute deep Smoothing Serum.  This serum has an ingredient in it called 'cyteine' which I did a little research on.  Cyteine is actually derived from hair and is what gives it it's glossy sheen.  At least that's what I found out about it.  Any scientists out there, feel free to set me straight.  The second product is a heat activated Perfect It cream.  This product you put on your hair after you wash and condition it. Then heat from the blow dryer or straightening iron activates it.

My personal experience wasn't quite what I was hoping for.   The smoothing serum has a horrid smell!  It reminded me of those perms everyone used to get in the 80's.  Thankfully after about 24 hours the smell dissipated, but it was really distracting and stung my eyes for awhile.  The perfecting cream smells like a heavenly citrus, however.  After a few uses, my hair is definitely shinier and smoother.  It feels soft to the touch and I don't have any difficulty with tangles at all.  The disappointing part for me, other than the odor, is that I'm still plagued by horrid frizz.  I was hoping for at least a bit more ease in using the straightener, but no such luck.  It did help, but not as much as I was hoping it would for the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.