Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

The Cow-Pie Chronicles by James Butler


Tim and his younger sister, Dana, live on a farm.  For those of you who have never visited a farm, you can't imagine the shenanigans Tim gets up to!  For those of you who know how the farm works, you'll find yourself reliving thrills such as 'cow surfing'.  Everything changes though as Tim learns that they'll have to sell the farm and move.

Growing up in rural Indiana, this is 'home fries' stuff to me.  My grandparents were farmers, although they never let me have the same sort of fun that Tim has.  Then again, Tim doesn't seem to get caught quite as quickly as I always did!  I had a blast sitting back and relaxing and reliving part of my childhood, while at the same time wondering why I'd never thought to try some of those things.

I  can't imagine any child reading this and not being absolutely captivated by Tim and Dana.  Their situation is pretty difficult with having so many changes in their childhood, and all at once, but they handle it in different ways.  It's fun to watch them joking back and forth and picking on each other, but when it comes to loyalty, they have each other's backs.

This book is good, wholesome fun.  It's appeal is definitely geared towards boys around the ten year age, but younger readers will be able to keep up as well.  Also, there are plenty of 'girl' situations so it's not really just for boys.  As an adult, I fully enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.