Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What we're buying today!!

Wednesday is my favorite day!  It's the day I get to lovingly choose from a vast assortment of books to read.  I order them.  They arrive at some point in time.  Then I get to read them and love them and sniff them!  What joy!

Why Wednesday?  Why not?  I have no idea.  It's just the day I chose but since routine is supposedly important, we're keeping it Wednesday!

So what did we buy this week?!  Oh I can't wait to show you!!!

First, I've been following Tim Marquitz for quite awhile, but haven't read anything of his.  If you don't follow him on social media, you should!!  He'll make you laugh.  He'll make you smile.  He'll make you wonder what's wrong with him.  

We chose three of his books to start off with, all of which were suggested by him.





Don't they look fabulous?!  I can't wait to jump into them!  (Once I get caught up with other reading, that is!)  The only issue I have is that I couldn't find them available in hard copy format, so I had to settle for Kindle.  I'm still excited to read them!  It just means I can only read them during business hours.  Not only that, that means no awesome new books are on their way to me!  So...I continued shopping!  Hurray!

Hugh Howey is a hit or miss for me, but it was suggest I try out the Bern Saga.  I sincerely  hope this series is more like Wool than Sand!  What a pretty and colorful book cover!





It was also suggested that I try out Chris D'lacey's Fire Within series, so we've ordered the first one in that series.  It looks to me like it'll be young adult, but sometimes those are the most entertaining!



Last, but definitely not least, and perhaps the one I'm most excited about...is Exit Strategy by L.F. Falconer.  If you've discussed books with me for even five seconds, then you know I'm a huge fan of her as both a person and a writer.  She amazes me.  Somehow, although I'm not sure how, I haven't read this one!  It's guaranteed to be a fantastic read and I'm proud to be adding it to my library collection!


What are you reading this week?  What's on your 'to buy' list?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.