Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

With Love; Now and Forever by RaeAnne Hadley

From all outward appearances, Anastasia Cassadine has the perfect life; gorgeous looks, a very successful company and handsome men vying to be her companion.  But outward appearances can be deceiving.  Ana is still haunted by a dark secret from her past, one that involved her first love, Austin Troy.

Now, twelve years later, after finally gathering the courage to confront Austin, Ana is horrified to learn of his recent death.  His widow, Jennifer, informs her that Ana is named in Austin's will and must come to england at once.  Once there, Ana meets Rick Montgomer, a handsome medium that immediately puts Ana on her guard.  Their mutual attraction however, is hard tod eny, and as Rick and Ana begin to get closer, dark forces are gathering to tear them apart.

Once more forced to relive the terror that forced her and Austin apart so many years before, Ana and Rick must join together to battle the darkness that will threaten everything they know. -taken from the back of the book

This was a fun read for me.  Easy to pick up, difficult to put down.  I have to admit that I found the heroin to be a pretty big twit who annoyed me, but it was easy enough to look past that.  I can't say what it was about her that annoyed me without giving away spoilers, but I found myself reading and thinking, 'Really?  Seriously?  What's wrong with you???'  Perhaps she's written that way on purpose, I'm not really sure.  She's still lovable in spite of that one nasty character flaw, however.  The rest of the cast of characters are equally fun and endearing, if at times a bit staged.

Basically, this was a romance with an attempt at horror/suspense thrown in.  The reason I use the word 'attempt' is that it's sadly predictable.  Still fun to read, don't get me wrong, but predictable.  Those who enjoy Harlequin would definitely enjoy this meatier version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.