Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Anthony Ant Goes to France by Julie Bettendorf



By April

Join Anthony Ant as he travels around the world!

Hi, my name is Anthony Ant, and I love to go places.
When I travel, I can fit into some pretty small spaces.
Once I curled up in a suitcase, as snug as could be.
When I came out, I was in beautiful France.  Whoopee!

These are the tales of Anthony Ant, a child's travel companion and all-around great adventurer.  Anthony travels in style, comfortably lodged in a suitcase, and he never knows what strange, new country he will find himself in.

In Anthony Ant Goes to France, he travels to Paris, where he meets Lulu Ladybug.  Together they explore the food, culture and sights of the city.  Anthony visits the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral, eats French pastry, and gets to know the French people, all with his new friend Lulu. (taken from Amazon description)

I really enjoyed reading this book.  I learned about some of the famous landmarks in France.  It was easy to read, with the story written in a poetic form.  The pictures were bright and caught my attention rather easily.  I think this book would be great for story time so that children will sample a taste of what France has to offer without over-stimulating the mind of its young readers or listeners.  I would happily read all of the Anthony Ant books!

1 comment:

  1. Anthony Ant seems so much fun and educational for kids and adults.

    ReplyDelete

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.