Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

The Crew Goes Coconuts by Carole P Roman



By Tina

In The Crew Goes Coconuts!, Carole P Roman has turned out yet another great book.  As the imagination of cousins Hallie and Alexander bring their stuffed animals to life, the crew of critters is stranded alongside a desert island.  The friends wish to refresh their thirst; however, the newcomer to the ship makes a critical error that draws the negative attention of the other shipmates.  Miffed by Matty the Goat's mistake, the parched crew turns on the hapless greenhorn with cruel taunts and personal attacks.  Captain No Beard steps in and expertly navigates the rough waters of bullying with sensible leadership that leave everyone with a good taste in their mouths.  (taken from the back of the book)

The children that I have read this story to have been enthralled in its pictures as well as the story.  I also like the fact that once I read the book, I can interact with them about what happened in the story.  In doing so, I think it helps them understand the  meaning of the story a little better.

1 comment:

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.