Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

What did we buy this week and where have I been?!

First, most of you know that Literary Litter is a passion of mine, just not my top priority.  First comes the kids, second comes the business.  My little guy was sick this past week, which meant no computer time for me.  However, he's back at school today!  Wahoo!  So we're back in business!  Now, even though I'm putting in the order late, it's still happening!  I was blessed enough to have someone else take over and post the 'what should we buy' post on Tuesday!  Many many thanks, Minding Spot!  I appreciate the fill in!

So, what are we buying this week?!  Let's start with the two reviewer requested books first!


The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer.  Not being a Meyer fan myself, I don't know anything about this book, but that's alright!  I'm looking forward to reading the review!


The Cellar by Natasha Preston.  I don't know anything about this one either, but isn't that a pretty cover?!



Next up, we have a book from our 'to order list' but this week I'm choosing two.  Both are by the fascinating Ian Thompson.  I adore him as a person and I'm interested to see how his writing is.  We're getting 54th State and Ezicash.  The covers aren't what I would normally go for, but I'm pretty sure I'll love them anyway.


Then, we have our 'less that five reviews' book.  Normally, I randomly hunt for silly words and then find a book that has few reviews, something no one has ever heard of.  However, this week I'm playing it a little differently.  Brandon Zenner, who's Experiment of Dreams I just looooved, has a new release out, so we're buying that!  Why?!  Because I can and I want to and it fits the less than five reviews profile!  Even though it just hasn't been on the market long enough to get five reviews, it doesn't matter.  It counts!  Now, this presented me with some options.  You can buy book one and book two, or you can buy them together as one.  You're following me, right?  Well, I actually chose to break it up and get book parts one and two instead of the entire thing.  Why?  Two reasons.  First, there are zero reviews on them as individual parts.  Second, it'll be much easier for me to break up the reading into two parts.  Sometimes, getting reading time is pretty difficult.  I'd much rather have two smaller parts so that I can read and review them as I go, rather than reading the entire thing and just doing one review.  I am really hoping these are going to be coming out in hard copy, though.  I need them for my keeper case.


This book is called After Wars and if you're interested in checking it out, right now is the time!  The first part of the book is currently free on Kindle (NOT just Kindle Unlimited!  Kindle!)  and the second book is less than a dollar!  What a great time to stock up on winter reading material!

And that's our order for this week!  Make sure you stop in next Tuesday and give us some ideas of what we should order next!  Every book suggested gets put on the 'to buy and review' list.  Have a wonderful rest of the week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.