Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Earthling Publications

This morning, I fell in love.


I've been a book junkie my entire life.  Always.  The stories inside, the new worlds, the fascinating people, that's only a part of it.  I could spend hours just holding a beautifully created book.  Give me slip covers, and rough cut thick pages and hand sewn bindings and beautiful artwork and I will be your reading slave. I can't even begin to count the rescue books that I have.  Beautifully created pieces of art that are being used as decoration in an antique store just sickens me.  Just last summer, I saved a first edition Poe from being used to prop a chair.

Earthling Publications.  How have I never heard of these guys before?!  This is mass market production.  These are beautifully crafted books!  I can only imagine (at least, until my copies begin to arrive) how wonderful the stories inside are.  A well-told story is artwork.  These books,  in themselves, are artwork.


How did I find out about them?  By accident!  I saw a friend post about Bloodstained Wonderland.  I love Facebook for this very reason!  I find the most fascinating stuff!  I've already ordered my copy and began searching for the perfect copy of Bloodstained Oz (2006) to accompany it in my library.

These are not the types of books that you want to order just because you want to read it and hand it off.  These are the types of books that you put in your personal library, love, and then hand down for generations.  Every book they produce is a collector's edition.  I know that most people can't afford some of them, but they have different price listings so that they're incredibly affordable.  If we're being completely honest, I'm the only person I know that has a book buying budget.  Books can be expensive, but you don't have to sacrifice quality.  To buy a numbered, signed, and beautifully crafted copy of Bloodstained Wonderland, it's only $35.  That's the price of a mass produced new release and a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.