Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

Update!

I'm really excited with the progress on the new direction of Literary Litter!  We've made some great new friends along the way and I've received such an amazing amount of support from the book community that I'm just overwhelmed!  No one is luckier in friends than I am!

Admittedly, our progress has been going much more slowly than I'd anticipated.  Then again, I'm pretty impatient when it comes to something I'm excited about.

We've got our Publishers page all set up.  I still have several more to get added and I'm sure there are plenty that I've missed.  I'm keeping a running list and feel free to send me names of any publishers that you see missing.  At this point, the page is mostly links (as many of them to submission pages as possible)  to smaller publishing houses.  A few of the websites have issues, so we'll update those links as they're available.  Some of the publishers are actively seeking new submissions and we've noted that beside their link.  The hope is to have a comprehensive list of publishing houses with a snippet about their company, as well as whether or not they're currently accepting.  This way, once you finish that manuscript you're working on that doesn't have a home, you can hop on and see right away where it belongs.

We also have several additions to our Reviewers Needed page.  If you see a book on here that you're interested in reading, follow the link to apply for it.  These review requests come from authors, publishers, marketers, and professional review sites.  So far, these wonderful people have been great about letting me know when a book is no longer available for review so that I can take it down.  You do NOT have to be a professional reviewer or run your own site to apply for these books.  A simple review on Goodreads and/or Amazon is all that most of them require.  If any of you have books you want me to post up on the board, just shoot me a message and we'll get it.  It's going pretty slowly so far, but we're only week two into the changes.  Be patient ;)

Next week we're going to start focusing on our Reviewers page.  There are so many great review sites out there that have so many followers!  Paying for marketing can be a pretty big expense.  We're going to provide you with an easy link list.  This way, when it's time to start marketing and getting those reviews, it's as simple as going down the list and contacting who you want.  No more keeping a written list somewhere of where you've previously had luck.  No more internet searching.  Initially, it'll just be a contact link.  Eventually, I'd like to put a snippet of each review site as well as a rough idea of their follower numbers and expected review time.  If you have a review site, feel free to contact me and I'll put you at the top of the list.  Otherwise, it's going to take me a few weeks to get a list built.  Again, be patient ;)

When I found out that my review career was over, I thought my life in the book industry was over.  I'm learning that it's only just begun.  There's still a lot I can do to help support even though I can't read every book that's created.  I'm looking forward to continuing to expand this as a reference site and adding more literary litter than just reviews.  If you enjoyed our reviews, most of our reviewers are now staffed with Minding Spot so feel free to  pop over there and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.