Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

The 12:30 from Croydon



My favorite part of Poisened Pen Press has to be their British Library Crime Classics.  If you like crime and mystery, these are a must for your personal library.  I'm excited to share with you that this month they're releasing The 12:30 from Croydon by Freeman Wills Crofts.

My first introduction to Crofts was Antidote to Venom, which was an amazing read.  Throughout the book, you know more information than anyone else, but you still don't have all of the key elements to put it all together.  Most of the book is a fascinating look at human nature.  The rest of the book is figuring out the 'how' of it.

Crofts was one of the biggest detective writers in Britain in the 1920's and 30's.  Some consider him to be the founder of realistic police detection.

If you're a crime fan, and you love good literature, this is a release you won't want to miss.  I've already put mine on my 'to order' list.  Run over to Poisoned Pen Press and read the first chapter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.