Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Strange Circumstances



This compilation of short stories contains authors Weston Kincade, Marshall J. Stephens and David Chrisley.

I actually enjoyed these stories, while one of my other reviewers didn't.  We had a beautiful discussion about it and I'm going to share with you what we found.

First, most of these stories are dark and wonderfully thrilling, but they're also obscure.  They don't just come right out and tell you exactly what's going on.  You have to stop and think and put all the jigsaw pieces together after you've finished reading in order to grasp the entire story.  This isn't for everyone.  For those that read the stories and their  mind quickly clicks on what's going on behind the story they've just read, they'll find an enjoyable and compelling experience.  For those that just don't seem to get it, well it can be confusing and seem a little pointless.

I'll be honest, a few of the stories I wasn't overly fond of, but mostly because they reminded me of some previously read stories in certain aspects. However, this book is worth picking up even if you only read the first story, Undetermined Fate.  I absolutely loved this story!  Like the others, it doesn't come right out and tell you everything, but once the entire story hits you, it really packs an emotional wallop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.