Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Bling Fairies of Junkett Falls by Maureen Sky



By Tina

Who likes fairies?!

This book is about fairies that live in our jewelry boxes!

I had some skepticism from the time I looked at the front cover.  Author Maureen Sky came up with the idea to inspire children between the ages of 8 and 12.

In my own opinion, it could have been done better.  But I'm not a child, so I tried it out on my own children as well as the children of the daycare center where I work.

They didn't care for it either.  All of the children based their experience on the illustrations as much as the reading.  The children felt that the illustrations looked like a two-year-old drew them.  Sort of as if things were being 'babied down' for them.  This detracted from the story so much that they couldn't enjoy it.  I found it difficult to get past the illustrations as well.

Different illustrations could have made this book much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.