Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

A Flag for the Flying Dragon by Carole P. Roman




-April

It's business as usual on the Flying Dragon.  Their mission is to find a flag for the ship.  Capatin No Beard sighs, "Being a captain is hard work," as he watches the busy crew preparing the vessel for their next adventure.  Polly is giving out pretzels; Linus is polishing a lamp.  Matie is cracking coconuts, Cayla is stuffing holes and Hallie is swabbing the deck.  High overhead, trouble is brewing, and it is not the weather.  Mongo does not want any help from the newest crew member, and it is creating a hurricane of a mess on board.  The team must come together and find a task that will fit Zachary without interfering with their own fun.  On the way, they acquire a flag that will unite them as both friends and crew.  Join the problem-solving crew of the Flying Dragon as they find a flag for their ship and a job for Zach.  (taken from the back of the book)

I enjoyed this book.  I love the pictures.  They're bright and cheery.  The words are simple and easy to read.  I enjoy the message that you get in these books.  I also like how you don't realize this is a child's imagination until you get to the end of the book.  I think this book works well for the age group it is intended for, which is about 5-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.