Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Ignited by Laurie Wetzel



-April

After surviving an attack from a demon that killed her friend, Maddy Page thought the worst was over.

It's not.

Word is spreading through the supernatural world about Maddy, the mortal girl with rare gifts.  Some want to use her powers; others want to destroy her.  One wants to protect her--her boyfriend, an angel named MJ.

MJ knows that the demon that attacked Maddy was sent to collect her by someone very powerful.  Someone he has tried and failed to stop before.  MJ Can't beat him, but he will do whatever it takes to keep Maddy safe, even if it means turning his back on his own kind.  (taken from the book)

I enjoyed this book as much as Unclaimed.  I found that the plot got more intriguing the more I read.  I enjoyed how it picked up right where Unclaimed finished.  The fact that there wasn't a chunk of time missing (that makes everything totally confusing)  was refreshing.  I don't feel like you would be able to read this book without first reading Unclaimed.  There is a brief history in it that would be missed.  The only complaint I have with book two of the series is you still don't know where Maddy fits in.  We are getting closer to the unveiling, however, it just seems to be dragging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.