Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

How to Believe in Love Again by Laura Lee Carter

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm bringing you a special review.  Valentine's Day can be really rough for people.  A few people spend time with their significant other, while most of the world deals with the fact that they're single.  For them, it's like National Rejection Day.  Look!  You're single!  Sit and watch the rest of us be romantic!  For me, it's a day of mourning.  We recently lost my father.  All I've been able to think about today is how much I miss him.  Every year he picked the perfect card and gift for my mother and waited anxiously until the time he could give it to her.  In my life, I've never seen anyone as in love as my father was with my mother.  So today, for me, it's a difficult day for different reasons than most of you other single people out there. 

This book is not just for the single people out there.  It's not just about finding the right mate.  This book was written for all of us.  From the time we're born, love, or lack of, is constantly surrounding us.  It shapes who we are and what we believe.  Love is the river that carries us throughout our entire lives.  It's the legacy we leave behind as we move on towards whatever is next.  Many will agree that love is the most important part of being a human.  When we experience rejection or other negative experiences with it, we become tainted.  Believe me, I'm the queen of failed relationships.  I'm not saying you can't be the queen too, but I have a crown and everything.  Ok, that's a lie, but I should have one! 

Alright, on to the review!  I was expecting another do-it- yourself self-help book, and that's sort of what I found, but not completely.  This book is set apart in that there is actually wisdom contained that is useful and pertinent to everyone I know.  While reading, images of loved ones kept popping up in my mind.  I want to pass this book on to someone else, so that they can gain the same knowledge I found in it, but honestly there are too many people I want to share it with and I don't know who to choose.  It's well-written and easy to read.  There are wonderful quotations scattered throughout that force you to think.  Basically, this book is a step-by-step approach to teaching you the core of love and why many of us have trouble with it as well as what we can do to fix it.

I strongly suggest this to every person out there.  It's a quick and easy read.  I can't imagine one single person that wouldn't take something away with them upon reading.  It soothes the heart and gives you hope.

One last night....HURRAY FOR EDITING!!!  Thank you for making sure this book was in a readable condition, Laura :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.