Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Legacy by Jeanette Baker - Review

A great mystery that transcends generations.

Christina Murray is elated to find that she's inherited a manor in Scotland.  What she doesn't realize is that she's about to go on a journey that spans hundreds of years, a journey that inevitably leads back to the heritage that Christina doesn't even know she has.

I have to admit, I was severely disappointed in the beginning of this book.  I just meet the character and I'm immediately tossed into a flashback!  No thank you!  Then as soon as I come back from that flashback I find that I'm about to have a whole lot more and they're not all to the same place and time.  Forget that!  That's too many characters and generations to keep up with!  I don't even care about the main character yet!  Work with me here, Ms. Author!!!  That being said, I apologize for not having enough faith in your writing abilities.  I was wrong, you were right.  I still wanted to throw your book back at you in the beginning, but I concede that I was wrong.

At first the flashbacks really bothered me, because, as I said, I wasn't even invested in the main character yet.  I did find that after a few chapters I really enjoyed the ride back and forth between time.  It was kind of like being in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and never knowing which part of history I was going to be in next.  I began to care not only about the main character, but about all of the others as well.  I do have to admit that all the history and war bored me.  The romance, the passion, the fire, the mystery....that's what kept me turning pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.