Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Richer by Jean Blasiar

Fun story about a teenager with an unusual life.

This book is the sequel to Poor Rich.  Richard Cameron is a nerdy, asthmatic, genius recluse.  One day his allergies seem to ease up and with the help of his parrot, U2, he emerges into a new world.  In this sequel, we continue with Rich's life and find lots of ups and downs.  Fitting in is hard for a nerdy kid, especially when girls come into the picture.  Toss in a re-emergence of health problems and poor Rich is in for a ride.

Reading the back cover of the book, I was expecting more trouble from Rich's ex-au pair.  I'm grateful she wasn't in it much though.  I was happy with following Rich through his day to day life and watching him grow up just a little bit more.   It didn't really feel like there was a point to the whole story, other than just having a good time with Rich.  He's a charismatic, bright kid with a great future.  His life may not be the norm, but it works for him.

I have to admit, this book was a nice break for me.  It was engrossing, engaging, and easy to read.  For me, it was a nice break from 'thought' books.  I'm not saying it was all frivolous, but there wasn't anything in this book that required me to re-examine my own life and adjust accordingly.  I was able to sit back and just enjoy the read.

This is a great teen read.  It's simplistic enough for those with difficulty reading, but thoughtful enough for those who read often.  Some of the happenings are a bit far-fetched, which make it that much  more fun for those with creative minds.  As an adult, I still enjoyed it so don't let the teen thing keep you from reading it :)

Edited!!!  I only found one mistake and it didn't bother me at all!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.