Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Mannie's Diet and Enzyme Formula by Emanuel Barling, Jr., Esq. and Ashley F. Brooks, R.N.

I admit it.  I'm a sucker for a book about nutrition and how it affects the body.  No, I haven't jumped on the organic bandwagon yet, but I have been debating it.  There are so many diseases and illnesses that have been proven to be directly affected by the food choices we make.  I'm no health guru, but I do know what makes me feel better and what makes me feel worse.  We've all had those times when we've eaten something and realized about an hour later that it was a mistake.  OK, enough of my opinions here, let's get on with the book review!

After Mannie and his wife became ill, they started doing their homework.  I won't go into all the details of what they've been through or how they came to find their breakthroughs, but you can feel free to investigate yourself.  This book is not written after several test trials.  Mannie isn't some world famous doctor.  What's contained in this book are the truths that Mannie uncovered for himself through what appears to be years of extensive research and self-trials. 

First look at the book shows that it's huge.  Don't be thwarted by it's size though.  One fourth of the book is comprised of food lists and references.  The rest of the book deals with different diseases and how they're affected by food, different types of food, enzyme information, Mannie's own personal diet, theories on eating (how much and how often), and interesting anecdotes.  The most important part of this book is the plan for figuring out your own personal healthy eating plan.  Since each of our bodies is constructed differently, logically foods will react differently with each of us.  Mannie shows us how to use an elimination formula to best find the foods that react best with our bodies for ultimate health and healing.

This book is not written for those of you who want to find a few recipes quickly or want a pull-out chart telling you exactly what to do.  This is in-depth reading and not for those who are just looking for another fad diet.  This isn't a diet, it's a way of life.  Each chapter is carefully written with information that needs to be carefully read instead of skimmed.  If you're looking for a healthy alternative for a disease or illness, this may be the book you're looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.