Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Answer by Allison Wynn

A thought-provoking insight.

I read this book a full 24 hours ago, but I've been thinking about it before writing the review.  My first instinct is to disagree with what the book offers, and upon reflection, I still somewhat disagree, but not wholeheartedly.

This book takes the meeting and friendship of Allison and Eric and uses it to show where anger comes from and how to control it, or better, dissolve it.  I like that it's a short book and that it's segmented into journal entries.  I also like that it shows different sides of the scale of anger, as well as going into great detail about the way that even though we rationally know what's going to happen next, we feel we can't control it.  What I don't like is the premise that anger comes from being made to feel insignificant.  Yes, that definitely is a trigger, but I don't believe it's the only one.  Also, the methods they suggest for dealing with this anger don't work for me.  I'm not saying they wouldn't work for someone else.  Both characters began with severe anger issues that were affecting their lives.  The solution worked for them and their surrounding relationships.

If you're suffering from anger issues, this might well be a book to give a try.  If you're not, there's still a sweet friendship story to be found inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.