Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Conair Wet*Dry Straightener Review

Put your credit card away and keep shopping.

After my dog ate my straightener this morning (Yes, I said it!), I ran straight to the store to replace it.  Let's face it, a good needs all the beauty help she can get, and I'm addicted to my straightener.  I chose the Conair for one reason alone, the wet/dry.  At first glance, it seems great.  It was on sale for even less than the one that I had previously owned.  I wouldn't need to blow dry before using this one.  It's a cute purple color and has a strange design that is supposed to be more comfortable for your hands.  It's ceramic with cool touch tip.  It has 30 second heat up and 25 heat settings as well as a turbo button and automatic shut off.  Sounds awesome, right?  Wrong!  Here's what I actually found!

I started with freshly clean, towel-dried hair.  The straightener heated up quickly like it said.  No complaints so far.  After 45 minutes, I had hand cramps (comfortable, my butt!) and wet hair that was no straighter than when I started.  Once I dried it and tried again, I did end up getting straight results.  The hand cramps and fact that the wet/dry option takes forever to work (I'm pretty sure if I'd have kept at it a few hours it would have dried), make this a poor option for me and I'm going to be replacing it as soon as possible.

The bonuses to this straightener:  It's a cool color.  It's inexpensive.  It does work well on dry hair (if you can get past the hand cramps).  Best of all, when you're attempting to straighten damp hair, you get this really cool 'ssssssssssssh' sound like sizzling hamburger :D  That alone make this worth a try for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.