Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Recovery by Alexandrea Weis Review

Strong romance, suspense!

Set against the backdrop of recovering Louisiana, turned writer Nicci finds that her beloved David was murdered by someone in her background, not his.  An important figure from David's past turns up to ask Nicci to help uncover the murderer, along with the help of one of David's old friends. 

Let's get the bad stuff out of the way first.  I don't like the main character, Nicci.  I find her flat and annoying and not someone that I would ever in a billion years want to be friends, or even acquaintances, with.  Also, you all know how I feel about editing.  Though it's not rampant with errors, it definitely became distracting in a few areas.

Though I haven't read the first book in the Nicci series, To My Senses, it really isn't necessary for this second installment.  Dallas, the hero in our book, is amazing, as are the rest of the cast of characters.  Weis has a real talent for creating strong, romantic heroes as well as outlandish and vibrant surrounding characters. 

There's a strong blend of romance, intrigue and a healthy dose of giggling.  I didn't solve the mystery until the end, along with the characters.  I was captivated by the story as well as the characters and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Currently, Weis's screenplay, Blood Will Tell, is in pre-production in the movie industry and rights are being sought to produce a movie for recovery.  I'd keep an eye on this author, as she has a definite flair for storytelling and with a few minor adjustments, could become a huge hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.