Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare - Review

Highlander vampyres that will make you tingle!

The witches!  The vampyres!  The lycans!  With a magnificent writing team that tosses these back into the Scottish Highlands, this book is a winner.

Anyone who's read any of my reviews knows how I feel about sex scenes.  Usually they're tossed in and annoy me rather than entice me.  I'm a typical romantic girl.  What good is a sex scene if I'm not feeling the romance?  This book is a perfect example of where sex scene excel.  Before everybody's getting nekked, we're filled with that hunger and passion that make your skin vibrate and your senses heighten.  Few books have held me captive as a romance, but this one definitely succeeded. 

My goodness!  I completely forgot to tell you what the story is about!  Basically, James is a vampyre that's been trapped by a coven of witches because one of the witches believes that in the future he'll harm her daughter (who's unborn at the time of entrapment).  So, they put him in a sleep stasis and leave him in the middle of nowhere, locked in a castle.  Twenty years later, he awakens.  On the other side of the story we have Blaire, who's a warrior witch.  Her brother just inherited the castle, supposedly haunted, and she hears this strange 'ghost' talking at her from the basement (ok probably a dungeon).  After setting him free, she has to find out what the story is because, like most of us women, she's darn nosy.

There's a great abundance of emotion, excitement and the paranormal.  Although I haven't read the previous books in this series, they're now on my wishlist.  Dare fans will love the switch from lycans to vampyres while those who haven't tried out Dare will feast on this book.  This is a must read for paranormal romance lovers.

Lydia Dare is the writing name for Tammy Falkner and Jodie Pearson.  It was fascinating to me how they work.  Every 1500 words they swap the manuscript, editing and adding as they go.  In my opinion, it works great for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.