Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Red Eye by K.W. Taylor



I'll admit, I was judging this book by it's cover.  It's dull and lifeless and looking at it, you kind of expect James Bond to be blown from a volcano.  Although that'd be a great book for some people, that's not me.

Instead, I found an amusing and humorous story!  The Red Eye is actually the name of a radio show that Brody runs.  He spends hours every night poking fun at the supernatural.  One night, things begin to change when he realizes that he's being stalked.  Having to go to his ex-wife 'the cop' for help is only the beginning of his troubles.

In all fairness, the book could have done with a bit more editing, but it's barely noticeable.

Most of the book I found myself with my eyebrows quirked and a slight smile on my face.  It isn't laugh out loud funny, but that amusing funny.  I could hang out with this Taylor.  We could spend an entire day at the mall just batting wit back and forth.  It could be a blast!  The story itself is actually pretty predictable.  The characters are where the humor comes in.  That and a small dose of chaos randomly tossed in.

The only real issue I had with this book is that the ending was really annoying.  I'm sorry, but it was just way too predictable.  And corny!  And I like corny jokes!  The cornier the better!  Give me cornbread!  But!  This was not that kind of corny.  It was the 'oh she didn't know how else to end it so she went this route' kind of corny.  The book was definitely a good enough read to suffer through the ending, however.  So don't let that put you off.

If you want something quick and light to read, this could be great for you.  I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of graphic sex and graphic horror.  This would be a great book to read when you're at your in-laws' and doing your best to avoid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.