Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

What we bought this week!!

Normally, this should have been posted yesterday.  I'm running a little behind, and that's alright :)  Let's take a look at the exciting stuff we have going on!


Earlier this week, thanks to an awesome sale, I bought two copies of a book that I previously read.  One is for donation to a children's special needs facility nearby and the other is for my son's elementary school library.  This book is about a young boy who suddenly becomes ill, and deaf as a result of his illness.  Actually, the book isn't about that at all.  It's about the boy and everyone in his life learning how to cope with the sudden changes.  It's researched well and a wonderful read for anyone.  Instead of talking down, it talks at just the right level.  Now, baseball is a pretty big theme is this book, and I'm not a baseball fan.  It was easy for me to skim right over that part, but a young boy who's into baseball will eat it up!  I'm really thankful that I was able to find a sale so that I could get both donation copies!  Next sale, I'll pick up one for my personal library! :)


Next up, we're ordering Birds in the Air by Frances O'roark Dowell.  This was suggested to us by Tina at Weezy Works. She's an incredibly talented fabric artist, so if you get a chance, check out her page.  Now, the book is basically about how quilting aids in friendship.  I am not a quilter.  I don't have the patience for it.  But!  This book is still pretty appealing to me.  I've read several books in this sort of genre and I always end up having a good group of pretend friends until the book is over.  I'm hoping to fall in love with Dowell's work since I see she has a few other books as well!


Next we have an exciting anthology!  I'm not normally an anthology girl, and I'll be honest, I already have an e-copy of this one.  However!!!  Two of the authors that I 'collect' are in this anthology so I HAVE to have this for my keeper shelves!  HAVE TO!   In fact, I may go back later and buy another one, just so I can keep a copy with each author.  The great thing about anthologies is that you can get a sample of authors you haven't tried.  I do know a couple of the authors in this book are ones that I've heard of but not read, so I'm anxious to see if I have more people to collect.  I could start an author zoo.  Somebody needs to come build me cages.


The most exciting purchase for me this week...FUTURAMA PAPER DOLLS!  OMG!  Because..well...they're paper dolls...and it's Futurama.  Do you have any idea how much fun I'm going to have with this?  Oh yeah...I'll pull out my Wizard of Oz and Action Hero paper dolls and it'll be a party!


OK I still need one more book for free shipping...so...let's see....alright.  I feel like just randomly grabbing one last thing to fill in the shipping gap.  So I did a quick Amazon search for sale books, and picked the one with the fewest amount of reviews.  Here's hoping it doesn't suck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.