Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What we're ordering this week!!

Wednesdays are my favorite day of the week!  No matter what's going on in life, I get to do a little book shopping!  I was pretty disappointed that I didn't have any new suggestions this week, but I do have plenty on my 'to buy' list to choose from, so it's not like I'm out of options.


The first book I bought today is one that I hadn't planned on.  It was just released last month, and I didn't even know it existed until today.  I'm currently reading Promise of the Black Monks by Robert Hirsch and I'm blown away by it!  My review will probably be really short because I can't find much fault with it!  So, because I'm so excited about Black Monks, I ordered the sequel, Hammer of God.  I'm pretty sure that as soon as I finish this first book, I'll want to jump as quickly as I can into the next one!


My second choice this week is a bit lighter.  The main reason I chose this one is that I think I may have dated the cover model at some point.  The secondary reason is that I'm hoping it'll be reminiscent of Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez. (Yes!  I have an autographed copy where Martinez doodled for me!  Be jealous!)  Martinez first introduced me to the monster next door.  I have a great love for a beer-swilling, redneck werewolf!  I also love dorks...and in this series, Burtness appears to be promising me the monster next door in dork format...who can resist?!  I'm hoping I like it well enough to pick up the second book, Northwoods Wolfman.  However, since these seem to be the only two books in the series so far, I'm hoping I don't fall dramatically in love with Burtness' work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.