Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What did we buy this week?!?!

I really want to thank Tim Marquitz for taking the time to add some great suggestions to my list!  Every book suggested by him, as well as others, has been added to my 'to buy' list.  I may have even made a few new friends during the process this week!

Let's start with our Vampire Books for Blood purchase!  There are so many books to choose from!  I chose Bill the Vampire by Rick Gualtieri because of his generous donation to the American Red Cross. It actually sounds pretty fun!  We have a real life loser who turns vamp for a girl, only to find out that he's still a loser as a vampire!  

The second book we bought was a bit of a no-brainer!  It's The Royal Dragoneers by M.R. Mathias and was on our suggested list, and when I went to add it to my 'to buy' list, I found it free on Kindle!  You can't turn down suggested and free!  I'm really hoping I enjoy it enough to want to get a hard copy for the library.  

Now, I kind of feel like that doesn't really count as a purchased book, so I'm picking another one off of the 'suggested today' list.  I have to start with McGeary's Tuskers!  Killer pigs! And if you don't already follow Duncan McGeary's blog, you should!  He posts some interesting stuff! 

Alright, next we're going to order something off of the 'to buy' list...let's see....eenie meenie I have pretty purple toes...Beatrice:  the Untold Story of a Legendary Woman of Mystery written by Sheldon Bart.  This book chronicles the life of artist Beatrice Turner.  Normally, this wouldn't be my thing, but it was suggested that it's a beautifully done book.  We shall see!

And last, but definitely not least, it's our surprise book!  I'm going to enter a random word into the Amazon screen and see what we come up with!  OK!  I found The Carriage of Death by Drac Von Stoller!  I really want to read it!  But, alas, it's only available in audible.  Ain't nobody got time for that!  Continuing the search!  Alright, I'm cheating.  I can't find any random books that look good, and I already know I want Northwoods Wolfman by Scott Burtness!  So that's what I'm choosing!  Hurray!!  Scott, you better get busy writing a third in this series!!!

Don't forget!  We'll be ordering again next week!  Every book suggested gets put on the 'to buy' list!  And everything on the 'to buy' list gets bought and then reviewed, a minimum of once!  Happy week, guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway Notice

All winners of giveaways will be notified as soon as their name has been drawn. Each winner will have two weeks to respond in order to receive their prize. Prizes cannot be delivered without an email/physical address. Any prizes that are not claimed within a two week period will be forfeited.

Notice

All books (unless otherwise specified) belong to me already, have been borrowed, or are sent to me by the author, publisher or review company for review. I do not receive any monetary rewards for reviewing books. The opinions expressed in my reviews belong solely to me.